Motor Vehicle Accident Counselling
Oz Counselling and Psychological Services are pledged to create awareness by providing information to our WA community about the waste of human life due to road accidents on our roads.
Any one who has experienced a Motor Vehicle Accident (MVA) knows that it is traumatic. In addition to wreaking damage to the machines and bodies, road accidents inflict psychological wounds. Psychological recovery is a part of healing from a road accident. Trauma reactions include physical, emotional and cognitive symptoms.
- Anxiety, worry, fear
- Sadness, hopelessness
- Shock, denial, disbelief
- Guilt, shame, self-blame
- Anger, irritability, agitation
- Social withdrawal and isolation
- Emotional numbness, mood swings
- Crying spells
- Racing heartbeat
- Fatigue, low energy
- Insomnia, nightmares
- Headache, stomach distress
- Muscle tension, aches, pains
- Hyper-vigilance, exaggerated startle response
- Confusion, difficulty concentrating, forgetfulness
Seek our professional help if:
- Symptoms persist for weeks
- You have trouble functioning as normal
- You avoid things that remind you of the accident
- You use drugs or alcohol or other methods to cope
No need to suffer silently, you may be eligible for full psychological treatment cost from your insurer, which means that you do not have to pay for receiving psychological treatment from us.